Yoga is an entry for self-exploration, healing, balance and well-being.
Danna provides private yoga and mindfulness classes. Lessons are personally tailored towards each individual’s needs. She can also work in conjunction with a client’s therapist to support their healing work. Danna can also provide meditation coaching and planning.
The practice of yoga can help you calm down the nervous system, help the body release trauma, reduce tension, and bolster the immune system.
As a supplement to therapy it can allow the body to process and integrate deep healing work. It helps reduce anxiety, alleviate depression, and can help open and release muscular tension and pain. It helps people slow down, be in their bodies, and gain a deeper understanding of themselves.
Private yoga sessions provide a safe place to release anything the body is holding onto.
Private yoga sessions can assist clients in creating a home practice that best meets their individual needs. Additionally, individual needs can be met according to the person’s psychology and physiology. Danna is trained in Hatha, Yin and Restorative yoga. Private Yoga Sessions are usually 1 to 1.5 hours.
* Please note that yoga is not a substitute for therapy, and when Danna is conducting yoga sessions, she is not conducting therapy.
Public yoga classes and workshops. Purchase as a 5-class block or a single session. Private sessions also available. Classes are available every Friday from 9am to 10am. See below for additional details.
- Classes have a maximum space of 8 students. Admittance is first come, first served. We do not have a reservation system at this time so please arrive early.
- Yin yoga helps to relax and calm down the nervous system. This style of yoga influences the body’s meridians and strives to deeply open the hips, pelvis and spine to create space in the joints and nourish the connective tissues. The work in a yin class is finding the ease in the discomfort that arises. In class we work on bringing a meditative awareness to the bodies sensations as they come and go.
- Classes are held at 637 W. 18th Street, Houston, Texas 77008. Class is in the yoga barn in the back of the house. Go through the gate in the driveway. You can park on the left hand side of the house on the grassy patch.
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes early, so you can settle in, gather your props, and relax. First time students will need to sign a waiver.
Location: Wondering Hearts: 637 W 18th St. In the yoga barn around back.
Interested in a private yoga class? Get in touch using the form below.